Saturday, May 10, 2008

Huh...Interesting.

So, today I finally got the KEY to my new apartment...YAY! I don't actually "move in" for a couple weeks, but, this gives the the opportunity to buy things from Whatever Store and take them straight to the new place. Instead of lugging everything to the dorm and then from the dorm to the apartment.

Interesting development:

I found out that a guy I talked to for a hot second, back in March, is actually living in my new building. How do I know this? Because we crossed paths today...in the building's lobby!

Since we only hung out ONCE, I'm assuming he doesn't remember who I am....which is fine and dandy.

Why did we only hang out ONCE? Because of his damn attitude! He's sexy as fuck, but, that damn attitude that he likes to don is NOT cute...He actually has some "Candy Girl" ways about him (thanks for the term, Derrick)....Which I'm not into.

(Would've been nice if he'd waited a few dates BEFORE he showed me his "other" side. LOL!)

So, here's the rundown on what happened with WCG (Wannabe Candy Girl)...We met online. We talked on the phone and had a nice chemistry. We set up a little date-hangout thing. We were hanging out at his temporary place, and having a nice little time, until...He threw a damn TANTRUM! Well, not really a "tantrum" parse. More like a fucking Bitch-Fit. Why? Because his cable reception was acting up, and he couldn't watch the stupid Making The Band finale and see his precious Danity Kane perform.

Me, being the cool-headed guy that I am, mearly suggested that he could watch it online the next day or catch the 20 repeats on MTV. After that, he THREW ME OUT! What a terrible hostess!

So, on my way home, via txt, he tells me he's "sorry". And, I let him have it...I was pissed! I did a little "future math" and figured that his Bitch-Fit was only a taste of what to expect if I were to ever become involved with this guy. And, I'm too laid-back and cute to be always dealing with someone who has Drama DeJour. So, I left his ass alone, chalked it up as experience, and moved on.

If we cross paths again (which I'm sure we will)? I'll keep it cute and professional.

Anyhow, living situation aside, last weekend I went out on my first REAL date with a really great guy. It was romantic, there was chemistry, there was some PDA, and, it was just a great time.

;-)

10 comments:

PRIMO said...

Awww. Glad to see your getting out and meeting people. Sounds like you had a great time.

As for the "Candy Girl" if he was acting like that over watching Danity Kane He definitely needed to be disposed of immediately. Its never that serious over something as fickle as making the band. Id be glad he showed his true colors so fast than later down the line.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the apartment! Oh and WCG sounds like he is off his rocker. don't answer the door when he comes asking for sugar...

Darius T. Williams said...

Ahh - interesting. So, ol' dude will be living in the same building, huh? Yup - we wanna know how that turns out.

fuzzy said...

Congrats on the apartment and be glad that the boy boy showed you his many faces in the beginning so you didn't have to waste much time!

Call me old fashioned or something, but what is PDA? Tryin to stay up on my terms for the kids at work lol

The Pew View said...

Hmph - you movin on up. I wish you come down here and teach my grandson a lesson or two. Good for you baby. Lemme granny know when the housewarming party is. I'll send up some of my homemade carmel cake for you and your friends.

With Love,
Mrs. Mabel

TheBlogArtistFormerlyKnownAsYBandDL said...

What does candy girl mean?
I'm guessing it has nothing to do with New Edition. Educate me on this.

I don't see why it is such a surprise about him, acting a fool over seeing Danity Kane. I personally don't like them or really watched the show that much. But you know how the gay black man, is like over their Queens.

They love their singing queens, Diana, Patti, Stephanie Mills and the new queens Beyonce', Ashanti, Mary J.... They will kill for thier singing Queens...even the low budget ones like Danity Kane.

Mr. Jones said...

You're probably better off without him and his hissy fits.

j_shanlin said...

congratulations on the place..i know the feeling of relief when you get those damn keys..., but it sounds like we're going to have to whip some candy ass at the house warming ya dig? And I do apologize about the other night. I did not mean to just sign off like that... we'll talk

Soldier said...

COngrats for the place, loooooool @ Fuzzy for not knowing what PDA means... (pointing at Fuzz and laughing hysterically)

L.M.Freaking.A.O. @ the finale of Making The Band being the reason for somebody in this world to go through a hysterical bitch phase.. thats just wild... cant judge a book by its cover but damn if the cover is already having a meltdown in your hands, it IS bad

heartbreaker said...

aw how cute, i'm happy 4 u