Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Shame On Me...For Not "Trying" At My Full Potential?

So, when people ask me about my grades and how I'm doing in school, EVERYONE, for some reason, is shocked by how average I do (Ugh! That grammer did not sound cute). People are always assuming that, since I'm quite and keep to myself, that I MUST be sooo smart....From their lips to my ears.

Maybe I don't see what everyone else seems to see yet? Not too long ago, I used to be very Hermione-ish. I used to make sure that I was on top of everything before I actually had to be. I would start on papers the first week on class...when they were actually due much later on. I used to lay in bed with my overpriced text books and read/hi-lite the info we might go over in class.

But, all of that being said, at that time, I was a job-less full-time student with nothing else on my radar. I realized that being a student didn't pay the bills or buy me new cloths or help me with a lot of the things that I wanted to do. In other words, I realized that it was time for my grown ass to get a damn J-O-B and start making money, so that I could have financial freedom and stability.

The thing is, now that I'm working and making other plains, my focus is split, and my priorities have shifted...due to my situation of being an ADULT who NEEDS to make a steady income to SURVIVE. I mean, fuck!...I don't have parents who send me cash, or receive financial-aid like everyone else. And, come on, I work all night til 4am 5-days a week! I'm tired a lot!

Anyway, somewhere down the road, I stopped applying myself...and, I think that should change before I get into a pattern of doing this with everything else. Yeah, my work sitch is going to stay the same, and hopefully I'll have second job soon. But, maybe I should start going at my full potential? What if my full potential isn't enough for a lot of things that I want to do with my life?

Ugh! Whatever! I'll at least give it a try...I guess it cant hurt.

;-)

2 comments:

fuzzy said...

You know, its kinda funny that we are similiar in a way. I was in that spot of being completely focused on school. I would do my papers in advance, but only because I had that job. Time was not always there so I had to plan ahead.

I don't know what happened between then and now but I will put money ahead of school anyday. My bills are piling up and before they spin out of control I need to handle that!

Performing at full potential enables your potential to grow. Push yourself sometimes. Don't wear yourself out or down just go to the liit sometimes so you know you can!

PRIMO said...

I Feel you On Being a Full Time Student And Needing that cash flow. I Tried Doing school full time and work full time and it lead to health problems. Now I'm doing good splitting the 2. I needed to change my priorities Making time for school, work, and rest. As long as you dont stress yourself out & overload yourself you'll be fine.