Thursday, December 6, 2007

The T-Rex In All of Us

***Listening to*** 1. " Cream" by. Prince
2. "What You Waiting For" by. Gwen Stefani

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Well, its been a while, but I'm back, LOL. This is actually coming from
my Sidekick...I figured out how the whole "email" blog works. I'm on my
way home from work, on the bus, and figured "Hey! Why don't I try this
out?" Anyway, I've just been madd busy with FINALS at school, and work
as usual. Ok! I'm ranting, LOL...on with what I was thinking about.

Today, I realized something. That if you (or I) really want something,
be it success, attention, oppertunities, that "special" someone, etc
etc, you sometimes have to be willing to do WHATEVER it takes to get
it...or, get desperate, and pull a page out of "Wilhelmina Slater's
Guide to Power" (til the old guy you tried to marry, for his
money/publishing empire, dies before you can marry him...and then your
scewed). Yeah, I like "Ugly Betty"...But, I LOVE and LIVE for Vinessa
William's character, Wilhelmina. She's soooo over-the-top and
outrageous, but, most of the time, she has a valid point.

I came to my tiny realization while I was in class, a few days ago. Their might
have been a lil' situation, where our Prof left out of class for a nice
period of time...and, I might have cheated with EVERONE else on our
Final...Alledgely!

Usually I'm mentally patting myself on the back, for NOT being like
eveyone else, NOT being a follower while also not being the lead, and
doing my own "thing"...Basically, NOT drinking the rat-poison laced
"Kool-Aid", along with mostly everyone else. Surprisingly, there's more
"straglers" or fellow "renigades" than I thought....What a shock!

Anyway, I felt a tiny-bit guilty at first (it was more like the shock of
the gift I was being given, LOL). But at that very moment, my "inner"
Wilhelmina kicked through the door, and said: "Awww screw it! Ya gotta
do what ya gotta do, to get by!....It is what it is!". So I did what HAD
to be done. And I came to the conclusion that everyone must have this "voice" or "instinct" inside of them...Even the nicest of people. Hell, its SURVIVAL!

I've sort of decided to segway this little realization into a lil' theme I'm thinking about taking-up, for now and the new year coming up. It's about taking chances and opportunities...And, going "balls-to-the-wall", so to speak....Basically, trying NOT to pass up good opportunities, just because I'm afraid of the outcome or being in a new situation.

~1~ ;-)

2 comments:

DakaCameraGuy said...

"Basically, trying NOT to pass up good opportunities, just because I'm afraid of the outcome or being in a new situation." Everybody, at some point, is like that. You just got to realize that with change (or something new) means growth. Hopefully that made some sense lolz. Enjoy the blog. 1

Axe_Scorpio said...

Das wassup! Im glad u did wat u had 2 do 2 get yo grade. I dont premote chgeatin, but shit, do wat u do.