Friday, February 29, 2008

Excuses Are For Lazy People...And I've Been Making A Few Of Them Lately.

***Listening To***
"Push It" By. Garbage

"I'm too tired." "I don't have time." "I'm at work all night." "Ugh!...I'll do it later/tomorrow." "The weekend is ONLY two days...I need to rest!"

Yes! These are a few of the excuses that I tell myself when it comes to school work, writing my comic, going to the gym, revising my resume, looking for a bartending gig, and a couple other things.

Here's a cute little example: Three or so weeks ago, I got in from work Friday-night-Saturday-morning (4am friday nite), did my laundry, said I'd put my cloths up later on, and went to bed at 7-8am. A couple weeks later?...I'm picking my socks and underwear out of the blue laundry-bag
I put them in, after they dried. LMAO!!! And, now, that bag is about to be empty! Its a lazy mess!

That being said, for the past week I've been on this "kick" of getting off my ass and getting things done. Hell, yesterday (Thurs) I got off my ass and decided to get back into the habit of working out. This weekend, I'm going to shine-up my resume and start writing SOMETHING for my novel/comic.

By the way, I realized that the whole "I don't have time" shtick is a little bit of bullshit, depending on the situation. If something is really important and a priority, one has to MAKE time for it.

;-)

5 comments:

j_shanlin said...

Rocky, I'ma need for you not to be getting your laundry out the bag 3 weeks later... damn. As Jordan from Bernie Mac said "Excuses are like booty, everyone has one, but they all stink." LMAO! And by the way bartending and graphic novel writing sound like 2 very great interests (in regards to your last post)

bLaQ~n~MiLD said...

"Procrastination is like Masturbation. It feels good until you realize you're just FUCKING YOURSELF!" This dude I dated some years back used to have that saying hanging up over his dressor to motivate himself to not put off to tomorrow what you can do today. I memorized it and now live by it. As for the laundry thing, I try to fold and put the cloths away as soon as I get home because if I don't, they will sit in the bin just like yours sit in the bag. LoL. Great post.

~Damnit!

PRIMO said...

Yeah i definantly feel you on this one. Ive done the laundry thing more than a couple times. In fact my whites are prolly in the basket right now. LMAO. I Agree 100% with B~N~M on this one.

Chet said...

Pleased to hear you got your shyte together, yeah putting off laundry for a day or two isn't that bad, but weeks !!! Now that is just down right lazy!

Tighten up that resume this weekend and get your work out on, I am certain that your energy level will boost andyou will start the week off with clean clothes, revised resume and new ideas for your comics/novel.

yet another black guy said...

lawd, this is my life right now. i keep repeating the mantra, "Discipline".

right before i sit on my ass to do nothing lol